CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, April 17, 2009

Today's ER trip.

So we have made a few trips to the ER in the past, but today's was an ALMOST stitches day. They would have done them I think if we wouldn't have had to wait 3 hours and knock the kid out for them. They decided we should just put ointment on it for a few days and follow up with our PCM (primary care manager). So guess who it was today! You really have a 50/50 on this one... Give up? Kailyn! (the last puncture would to the head was Ashton.. inflicted by Kailyn.)

So I don't know how many times a parent will tell their kid to put the feet of the chair on the floor. What is so amusing about leaning the chair back I don't know or remember since I know I did this as a kid too. Lucky for me, I never split my head open. So after telling her she would flip her chair if she didn't put it down, of course the inevitable happened. Over it went. Luckily we have carpet right? WRONG! Our AC vents are in the base boards and sure enough, the one vent on the wall decided it wanted to get to know her head a little better. When she first fell I didn't realize she hit the vet, bu as she st up I saw the blood and pretty much threw Brennan... ok, not really, but his lunch was interrupted and I flew over there. Those of you who don't know, blood makes me feel a bit weak, so of course I am sweating. She had it bubbling out of her hair and down the back of her shirt and skirt. She's jumping up and down and screaming not letting me touch it. Of course I had seen enough so I call mom to see what she thinks about the ER and got Ray instead (my older brother) and his theory was "it's free!". So off to the ER. They checked it out and thought it was just a puncture, but when the doctor came in he said it was split a little bit, but probably not worth the pain of stitching it. So I have to call the doctor tomorrow and make an appt for them to check on it in a few days. I got her a shower when we got home form the ER and after her nap there was a little blood on her towel (I put it under her head since her hair was wet) but not enough for me to worry much about it. Guess I will just put ointment on it and see how it goes. *sigh* I know we will have more ER trips in the future, but why the blood??? **chills**

0 comments: