CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 18, 2009

Bunch of randomness

So it's been a little while since I posted, so just gonna play catch up.

Brennan was 5 months on the 11th. Can't believe that! He actually ate some cereal yesterday and didn't spit it out. I'm gonna start giving it to him at night before bed to see if it helps keep him full through the night. I think he mostly just wants to nurse for comfort since he goes right back to sleep, but I read that an extra feeding right before bed will help with that urge for a midnight (or 2.. or 4am) snack. He is also rolling pretty well both ways. I wake up to this cute little face peeking over the edge of the bassinet at me. The top of it is level with the bed, and he just smiles away at me laying there with my hair all crazy and my face still smashed into my pillow.

Kailyn isn't up to anything new. We took the kids fishing twice (the first time the boys were sleeping in the car, so it was just Kailyn) and she enjoyed it. We would cast out for her and she would reel it in. She didn't catch anything, but still had fun. She has a Princess rod. LOL

Ashton isn't up to anything new either. He did fish the second time we went, though we didn't put a hook or lure on his line. It came with a little wheel shaped weight (his was a Cars rod) and we just let him swing that around. He mostly fished for rocks (on the sidewalk) but cast out into the water a few times. He also got a (his "first" according to his daddy.. as if we need more) tick while playing under a tree at Grandma's house. That was quite an experience. We went with the burn it method and lit a match and blew it out to burn the ticks rear end and got it out in the end. (after like 4 or 5 matches...) But other than that, nothing new and exciting.

Daddy is off work this week after having his eye surgery this morning. He's on all sorts of pain killers and eye drops, so I am standing in as the 24 hour pharmacy tech and waking him up every few hours for his random eye drop and meds. I'll be up all night waking him up to do that... It's worse than having a newborn! The re-wetting drops are the worst... every 1-2 hours.

Me? Well, I am just going about my days being wife and mommy. Breastfeeding is still going strong, but I am trying to get Bren used to a bottle for when he needs one. I went out with a couple friends for a movie the other night and he took one pretty east for daddy. I think me not being there for him to smell made it easier. I have a good bit of milk in the freezer, so it's there for cereal and those occasional bottles.

We are going to be visiting LA in June. Can't wait for that. I am MOH in my friend's wedding! We've been buddies since kindergarten and she was my MOH. We'll be celebrating Timmy's birthday while we are there and even though we'll be home before Kailyn's, probably her's too. We have lots of plans for while we are there (zoo, Blue Bayou, visiting with friends and family) so hopefully we can fit it all in!

So that's about it. I'll post some pictures soon from fishing and maybe a few others.

0 comments: